neues Projekt und temporäre Verabschiedung meinerseits

• Hai,

I think the best decision, concerning yesterday, was simply to start the tour in the South and moving northwards.

Think about the most funniest situation driving through Buenos Aires yesterday late afternoon with a bus, signed with german number plates !!

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

By the way, did I mentioned yet :

WIR SIND IM HALBFINALE !!

All the best for the the"little" rest of your journey.

Greetz, Peter

• !!! WE MADE IT !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

On Thursday, June 29 we reached the village "Deadhorse" in the Prudhoe Bay area in Northern Alaska :!:
    That's the northernmost point on the American continent to where a road leads.
    However the last 800km sometimes didn't feel like a real road! The Dalton Highway is 75% unpaved 8o gravel, mud, stones, etc. :o

Anyway we got there safe and sound at 70° northern latitude - some 1200mls away from the Northpole :nod:

Our beloved Nugget took besides all the mud and dirt, some mechanical scars - well he just needs some TLC now, I guess ;)

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life. I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von McHeizer ()

• From "the end of the world" on Tierra del Fuego to the Northernmost accessible point in Alaska - some statistics:

-> 27.241 kilometers
    -> 76 days
    -> 124 degress of latidude (S 54 to N 70)

And what counts even more:
    -> challenging obstacles to take
    -> funny experiences encountered
    -> days with endless driving
    -> days with memories that last
    -> good old friendship!
    -> many interessting people along the way
    :nod:

Even in the old-school Built_Ford_Tough camper we had a little high tech brain on board...or two..? ;)

And here is how you have to celebrate the "mundial" or the "world championships" or the Fussballweltmeisterschaft in Deutschland! :roll: - while we couldn't be there! :?

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life. I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von McHeizer ()

• Hai,

absolutely incredible. Hope to see You sooner or later, after Your well deserved holiday in Hawaii, back in the old world. I would suggest to start an auction on ebay to sell your tramper, just to get some money back to buy an S2k ;-) .

Kommt heil zurück. Geile Leistung. Hut ab.

• Yesterday we arrived in Anchorage, from where Stefan had to fly back home today :cry:
    ...after 95 days of travelling together on 32.000km!

My task is now to bring the Nugget to a port in NorthAmerica from where we plan to bring it back to Europe.
    So I will do another month of travelling or two - I'm not sure if at the same pace though - let's see. 8)

Oh - I will update this soon with overdue pics from Mexiko, USA and Canada of the last 2 weeks.

Thanks to my friends here in the forum for all your good wishes and cheerful comments! :)

"Sign Post Forrest" in Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada:
    - our temporary license plate

- somebody from my home town was here before :roll:

• Congratulations :D !!!!!!!!

Incredible fantastic journey :nod: !!!!!!!

Best wishes to you guys a good save journey back home. See ya at the next barbeque at "little home mountain land" ;).

• I'm still in Anchorage - actually waiting for a spare part to be arriving from Germany :?
    The water pump started to leak gradually over the last 3000km
    In fact that is the only (engine-)spare part which we don't have with us - bummer :cry:
    This good shop was very helpful with some other parts :thumbup:
    s2k.de/forum/wcf/attachment/544114642/

Well I definetly needed new tires!! 8o Is that my driving style again? :blush: No it's actually the misalignment!
    s2k.de/forum/wcf/attachment/544114644/

It's quite cosy here - with sunny weather during the day 8)
    And Alaskans are very friendly...more friendly than in the rest of the US - IMHO :roll:

Plus I could get some July 4th (Independence Day) impressions

Hmm, bad taste in the US seems to have no limits ;)

Although some do have good taste :nod:

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von McHeizer ()

• As promised some backissued pictures of the trip:

beeing in Mexiko...

in Mexiko-city...

you see familiar faces :-)

and a bus demo 8o

actually a real demonstration - the presidential election was upcoming

and the spectators are right there :D

• Home of the VW Beetle :nod:

those two guys together :twisted:

-> trouble comes :roll:

The impressive Aztek ruins at Teotihuacán

just huge! 8o

who are those guys..?

Azteks?? ;)

Mexikan way of oil disposal :o

bye bye Mexiko - we had some controversial experiences there...

• I'm leaving Anchorage today!
    Going to be travelling down to "continental" US (I don't know why it's called that way - Alaska is on the same continent! :roll:) along the West Coast.
    Stopping by in Vancouver, B.C. to visit a good friend.
    From there on - let's see where I'm gonna end up. 8)
    Will keep this thread updated!