Touristenfahrten@HR

• Great to hear that! I would love to drive in your S as Copilot.
    Im going to be there with my white Honda Prelude and probably ill take a turn.

Would you take me as Copilot? :)

Which colour has your S2000?

• I know the track quite well and would like to tell you somethings about the track. The track is very easy to drive, but there are some things you have to know. We can talk more at the track before and while driving on it :)

• Zitat

Original von DasM
    Have fun but be carefull ... some times there are "funny" guys on the track ...

from what I hear they drive much more crazy than on the N.ring :o so beware!
    And good that you upraded your brakes, cause HHR eats brakes (and you need power) Personally one of my lesser favorite tracks...

Have fun 8)

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life. I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else.

• Zitat

Original von McHeizer

:nod: ... we had some trainings the day after or bevore the Terroristenfahten. We sat in the Sachs corner and looked how they wrack their cars / bikes. Sometimes just horrible :?

Zitat

Original von McHeizer
    And good that you upraded your brakes, cause HHR eats brakes (and you need power) Personally one of my lesser favorite tracks...

Have fun 8)

Yep ... "just" a lot of braking and acceleration. But for the first times it's fun ... and you learn to break ... especialy at the end of the parabolica :twisted:
    But that's a special place where you should take a short look into the mirror ... bevor entering the spitzkehre.

• Tomorrow it will be very warm and the track will be extremly full.
    100-150 Cars on Track at once.

In the last years i have driven several times on the track and this track is easy to drive. But McHeizer say it right, this track kills your brakes very fast. Some years before, i killed my brakes on the track :( At the Spitzkehre you arrive with 210 KM/h and slow down to 30-40Km/h several times. At the Spitzkehre you must pay attention, not to shock with other cars, its the most dangerous corner on the track in my oppinion, but its easy to avoid accidents, if you behave right.

Probably you can drive the first time on the HHR on my car as Copilot, my brakes on my daily driver are not the best, i have to see tomorrow if I take a turn and of course i'll take you as Copilot :)

If you follow "the rules" the car, the brakes and you will be ok after the Touristenfahrten.

The most important things to pay attention of, i'll tell you tomorrow on the track :nod:

• Zitat

Original von McHeizer

Have fun 8)

Yeh, that's what you mentioned to me before. I'll play safe! :thumbup:

• That's a large number of cars on the track at the same time!

When it's so busy then I may drive later in the evening, 19:30 or so. I'll be there at around 17:00 anyway, to check out the scene before driving.

Bis dann!

• Zitat

Original von super_2000
    [quote]Original von S2H
    Tomorrow it will be very warm and the track will be extremly full.
    100-150 Cars on Track at once.

When it's so busy then I may drive later in the evening, 19:30 or so. I'll be there at around 17:00 anyway, to check out the scene before driving.

that won´t help, because the "terrorist driving" is starting at 18:00 as far as i remember.
    anyway´s...the sheer amount of absolute idiots with no professional skills alone is the perfect recipe to get your car wrecked .
    its beyond believe how many wreckless driver will meet there on a sunny day and its only fun if you are watching it from the sideline-its not enhancing your driving skills at all, because you won´t have any time nor attention left to take care of that.

trust me-i´ve been there-done that...and i would not do it again-at least not without another car as back up to get home again in case something happens.
    from my perspective, its a must that somebody you trust is in company. :nod:

"You all know me. Know how I earn a living. I'll catch this Honda for you, but it's not going to be easy... Bad car. Not like going down the pond catching bluegills and tommycocks. This S2K... swallow you whole. Shaking. Tenderizing. Down you go."

• Dude just come up to the Nürburgring! :nod: and we play around here 8)
    less cars at once and more fun on & with the track :twisted:

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life. I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else.

• Zitat

Original von McHeizer
    Dude just come up to the Nürburgring! :nod: and we play around here 8)
    less cars at once and more fun on & with the track :twisted:

And much more accidents on the track, cause its the most dangerous track around the world ;) On the NS never passes a day without several accidents. On the HHR rarely I see accidents ocure, even with a track ful of cars. I have more fear driving on the NS, than on the HHR.

• Zitat

Original von S2H

And much more accidents on the track, cause its the most dangerous track around the world ;) On the NS never passes a day without several accidents. On the HHR rarely I see accidents ocure, even with a track ful of cars. I have more fear driving on the NS, than on the HHR.

Every track is a challenge but I have driven the NS and it's dangerous when you don't know the track or your car. I have experienced little traffic on the NS, unless of course you drive on Karfreitag, then it's absolutely crazy! You always have to respect and watch out for the other racers.

Well, like I said before, I'll check out the scene first.......and maybe get a good tan! :)

• Zitat

Original von S2H

Right decision!

...and a very good attitude :nod: :thumbup:

"You all know me. Know how I earn a living. I'll catch this Honda for you, but it's not going to be easy... Bad car. Not like going down the pond catching bluegills and tommycocks. This S2K... swallow you whole. Shaking. Tenderizing. Down you go."