Hi, Gramigno from Milan

• No worries at all!
    i' ll be here waiting for yours results.

My personal advice is to install it and keep going in normal way for 10 days,
    after to put back on the stock intake and see what happens,
    may be someone will not be able to feel the improvement installing it,
    but everyone will feel the car going slowlyer than with Puffo once it will be removed!.

• last weekend i worked all the time in my garage
    i had not a minute to test or compare anything
    the following two weekends are similar, 1st birthday of my daughter, then my parents are visiting

i'm sorry if i can't tell you impressions or results but at the moment i'm too busy
    further i didn't drive my S for nearly 6 months, now i'll have to "acclimatize* to it with my normal setup
    then i'll install puffo and make the comparison

maybe some other users can share their experiences meanwhile?

Pat

"Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat es aufzuschließen." Walter Röhrl

• Good point,
    i'll wait you Pat.

Gram.

• Thanks to all for sharing your impressions! Im surprised that Freestyler don't feel a difference in power output from the engine with the Puffo. In my oppinion, if you gain 13HP normally you have to feel it, right? That shows me, that the Puffo probably doesn't make that difference on the engine. I'm waiting for dyno sheets from our club members comparasing OEM Intake to Puffo Intake. But Thanks so far for all of you sharing your impressions with us.

• Zitat

Original von S2H
    Thanks to all for sharing your impressions! Im surprised that Freestyler don't feel a difference in power output from the engine with the Puffo. In my oppinion, if you gain 13HP normally you have to feel it, right? That shows me, that the Puffo probably doesn't make that difference on the engine. I'm waiting for dyno sheets from our club members comparasing OEM Intake to Puffo Intake. But Thanks so far for all of you sharing your impressions with us.

Actually we are talking about a 5%-peack increasement,
    not effective as a well programmed ECU can do,
    i already experimeted not every one is sensitive enought to feel it without a stopwach or a gps,

If Freestyler will remove the Puffo for a test,
    i' sure he will feel the car slower.

Shall we try?

• felt power is too subjective
    if someone does "believe" in Puffo he will feel more power, if he doesn't believe he will fell nothing

i will test and evaluate it in a matter-of-fact, as far as my possibilities allow this

regardless of the results i can say that the construction of the puffo is very well and it looks nice
    it's good work for a fair price :thumbup:

"Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat es aufzuschließen." Walter Röhrl

• Zitat

Original von patrick_S
    felt power is too subjective
    if someone does "believe" in Puffo he will feel more power, if he doesn't believe he will fell nothing

i will test and evaluate it in a matter-of-fact, as far as my possibilities allow this

regardless of the results i can say that the construction of the puffo is very well and it looks nice

Thanks mate!

• I must say, i´m totaly new to Honda Engines.
    Before I drove a Subaru IMpreza WRX STI Type R and a Skyline GTST R33. So this is my first "powerfull" naturally aspired engine.

I´m looking for a nice intake, as the previous owner changed the stock Filter to an cheap open one and just removed the top of the air box. It sounds very good but I think the air it´s sucking is too hot. But with the Top on it, it sounds boring ;)

So I´m looking for another Intake, thought about an AEM CAI, but reading all the posts about your Intake giving me the impression that your Intake would be "better" than the AEM one ? (same "gain" or "no gain" but less price and nice sound?).

It would be nice to know if I better should buy a puffo or the AEM CAI...i´m a bit confused atm hehe ;) (as I said before, i´m good at turboengines, not n/A).

Is the puffo still aviable ? What about impressions from german drivers ? Puffo > AEM ?

sorry for my english and all my writting ;)

P.S.: Feeling 13 HP gain ? I don´t think someone could really "feel" that... I got gains from 20 to over 100 HP and it was hard to "feel" the lower gains. It´s very subjective ^^ you can even have the same power on n/a as an turbo but the turbo engine will feel faster as the "feel" from the boost lets you think its much more powerfull.
    I had a testrun with a Nissan 200sx RS13 (Garret GT28R charger) on 0.8 and 1.2 bar of boost. 1.2 felt a lot more powerfull than 0.8, but we saw at dyno that 1.2 was a lot slower than 0.8 due to problems with a too small Intercooler+piping and downpipe etc. (217 HP on 1.2 and 230 HP on 0.8 if i remember right)

Honda S2000 AP1
    currently with: AP1 Frontlip, Enkei RPF1 rims, Sidesteps, APR Carbon Mirrors, Invidia Q300 Titanium-ends, upgraded clutch, OEM wing in carbon, TODA Torquie-Kun Header, Brian Crower Stage 2 Camshafts, J´s Racing carbon Intake, J´s Racing Carbon coolingplate, J´s Racing Carbon Diffuser, Seibon Carbon Hood, Sparco Rev Bucket seats, ST Rear-Spacers, wrapped in dark grey

• Zitat

Original von patrick_S

this is also my opionion :)

Maybe i could feel a loose of power if i change back to the stock airbox but after the installation of an oilcoolerthermostat i don't have enough space for the stock airbox, sorry.

I think GRunner is right. A gain of power with 13 HP is really difficult to feel. Because of this a dynorun before and after installation is a good way to see the difference :)

If the puffo don't produce these gain of power anyway for me the puffo is a good investment. It does a really good intakesound, it is leighter than the stock airbox, the installation is really easy (you can easily install and deinstall it in very short time) and it is really good manufactured.

• mhm..but i prefer "noisy" intakes hehe ;) as I surely miss the turbo sound.

Is there a chance to get a "puffo" in loud-edition with the same benefits ?

Honda S2000 AP1
    currently with: AP1 Frontlip, Enkei RPF1 rims, Sidesteps, APR Carbon Mirrors, Invidia Q300 Titanium-ends, upgraded clutch, OEM wing in carbon, TODA Torquie-Kun Header, Brian Crower Stage 2 Camshafts, J´s Racing carbon Intake, J´s Racing Carbon coolingplate, J´s Racing Carbon Diffuser, Seibon Carbon Hood, Sparco Rev Bucket seats, ST Rear-Spacers, wrapped in dark grey

• Zitat

Original von GRunner
    mhm..but i prefer "noisy" intakes hehe ;) as I surely miss the turbo sound.

Is there a chance to get a "puffo" in loud-edition with the same benefits ?

We did 3 special carbon fiber edition, wich are louder in sounds and lighter.

Unfortunaltely i paid them 500 euro each,
    are you still interested?

• ah ok 500 for the same thing..just to get carbon and a bit sound..no hehe ;) (sorry mate Í don´t think the price is too much, but i´n my opinion to much for me as it isn´t that important to have it in carbon)

Then I will stick to the normal puffo I think in my next ordering run ;)

How long does it take to get it here ? The filter himself is included or just the airbox ?

Honda S2000 AP1

• Zitat

Original von GRunner
    ah ok 500 for the same thing..just to get carbon and a bit sound..no hehe ;) (sorry mate Í don´t think the price is too much, but i´n my opinion to much for me as it isn´t that important to have it in carbon)

Then I will stick to the normal puffo I think in my next ordering run ;)

How long does it take to get it here ? The filter himself is included or just the airbox ?

The filter you use is your OEM Filter.

• ah ok ;) then I should get a new one, as I said before the previous owner had the top removed from the airbox, so I think it´s a bit dirty

Honda S2000 AP1

• Zitat

Original von GRunner
    ah ok ;) then I should get a new one, as I said before the previous owner had the top removed from the airbox, so I think it´s a bit dirty

Definitely you need a new filter.

The Puffo comes within 5 working days from the day i read the transaction.
    it comes with instructions and it takes a few minutes to be installed.
    it has NOT oem filter included.

P.M. me if you wish to have one,
    for more infos please write here in pubblic area.

Gram.

• yo guys, please don't hurry, i've to "tune" my exhaust sound too :roll::)

the coming weekend i'm on holiday in Tyrol but the next i'll install Puffo and post the driving experiences

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von patrick_S ()