New to the forum

• Hi there and welcome.
    With inspection you`r talking about the "TÜV"-Inspection, right?
    I can make a WAG, but the best way to clarify this is that you just show up there and ask what documents they would like to have for these modifications.
    If you are here with the Armed Forces, there are different regulations as far as I know.

Normally its like this:

-If its only a K&N filter and no CAI/cold air intake-system,you will not need any aproving doc`s for that.

-For the exhaust system you will definitly need a certified authorisation by the manufactor, that shows it was made especially for this type of vehicle and it meets the required european&german noise standards/regulations.

-For the KW suspension you will need something similar, but I guess that it takes only a phone call to KW and if you need assistance, just let me know(e-mail me and send your number to get the details/VIN straight).

"You all know me. Know how I earn a living. I'll catch this Honda for you, but it's not going to be easy... Bad car. Not like going down the pond catching bluegills and tommycocks. This S2K... swallow you whole. Shaking. Tenderizing. Down you go."

• Thanks for replying to my inquries.

I'm back home for Christmas in California. While I'm here, I'd like to bring back a few parts with the help of a friend from S2KI. California has the strictest laws in the US. But I bet German motor vehicle laws are more stringent. So I'm curious to know if my vehicle requires an emissions test for the TÜV inspection. If so, will anything like an AEM fuel management & reflashed ECU meet German standards?

Will replacing my OEM steering wheel with a Momo setting wheel be TÜV complaint? Upgrade cross drilled brakes? JDM Bride driver seat? Voltex wing? ADVAN A048? Having summer tires in winter? Almost always summer here in LA! :D

So basically, I just want to know what's the general rule for replacing factory parts. Forgive me if my questions seem irrelevant but I just want to make sure I comply with local vehicular laws.

One more thing, where can I find the nearest Honda/Japanese Import tuner shop around München, Nürnberg or Mannheim?

• Hey there

first of all, I'd like to welcome you among us "S"ick guys here, also in the name of all Swiss members. Maybe you'll take part in one of next year's drive outs!? (There's always quite a lot exciting tours - myself being responsible for the annual Swiss Alps Tour (so-called "Pässetour"), although 2011 it will take place in Italy...).

I'm not too familiar with the German laws, so I'm not going into details here, but basically you'll need documents for almost EVERY aftermarket part...

Hope to see you some time.

Regards,
    Martin

• Zitat

Original von NSXEatr
    Thanks for replying to my inquries.

I'm back home for Christmas in California. While I'm here, I'd like to bring back a few parts with the help of a friend from S2KI. California has the strictest laws in the US. But I bet German motor vehicle laws are more stringent. So I'm curious to know if my vehicle requires an emissions test for the TÜV inspection. If so, will anything like an AEM fuel management & reflashed ECU meet German standards?

a stock s2k is legal in Germany, even if its a 2.2, it will pass emission test.

AEM management not sure since the use the OBD port while emission testing

Zitat

Will replacing my OEM steering wheel with a Momo setting wheel be TÜV complaint? Upgrade cross drilled brakes? JDM Bride driver seat? Voltex wing? ADVAN A048? Having summer tires in winter? Almost always summer here in LA! :D

Except of the Advan (in correct sizes) you cannot change anything unless it has TUV approval which most parts dont have.
    there is one or 2 manufacturers which sell cross drilled with TUV approval.
    Summer Tyres in winter is not allowed.
    Bride seat woudl evetually pass if mounted correctly
    Momo wheel is not allowed sinc eit has no Airbag
    Voltex wing cannot be mounted for street driving

Zitat

So basically, I just want to know what's the general rule for replacing factory parts. Forgive me if my questions seem irrelevant but I just want to make sure I comply with local vehicular laws.

One more thing, where can I find the nearest Honda/Japanese Import tuner shop around München, Nürnberg or Mannheim?

again general rule is every part has to have TUV approval

There is no good S2000 tuner in germany to my knowledge

If you work for the Army you could be exempt from these rules

• Hey Dark_Arrow, I appreciate the warm welcome. Thank you!

Documentation for all the non-OEM parts installed on my AP2 is something I cannot provide upon TÜV inspection. California doesn't require them unless it's they are parts required to pass emissions. The car is already en route. I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta uninstall certain parts and install the original Honda parts.

I would love to take part at next year's drive outs. Will it be something similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUF-N8BsBmU

Oh yeah, we watch a lot of Top Gear. My buddies and I even got tickets for the first taping of the program when The Hof was the guest for the 'star in a reasonably priced car' segment. Too bad that episode never aired.

Anyway, when my work schedule permits, count me in for Italy! :)

• Alright, perfect! :D

The date's are already fixed: from Thursday June 9th to Sunday June 12th.

In January, I'll start a specific thread in the events sector here in this forum, showing all the details. There you'll have to subscribe, a maximum of 30 cars will be able to take part.

If 4 days are too long for you, watch out for one of the almost regular Black Forest drive outs, these usually only take 1-2 days and are always fun as hell. :nod:

Cheers!

• Zitat

again general rule is every part has to have TUV approval

There is no good S2000 tuner in germany to my knowledge

If you work for the Army you could be exempt from these rules

Hey stocky, thanks for the KW documentation. I hope working for Uncle Sam will qualify me for that exception. My AP2 is already en route with some modifications including, Apex-i exhaust, KW Var 3 coil-overs, upgraded rotors and brake pads. What worries me is that all of my modifications do not have manufacturers' documentation to certify that they meet TÜV standards.

Is it pretty common practice to uninstall non-complaint parts before inspection and then only install them after? We do it all the time here. :)

Oh well, I'll just have to cross my fingers and pray my AP2 passes inspection.

• Hey steve hislop, thanks for the tips. I'll call Apex-i and find out if they provide such documents.

How about wheels? I have a set of Enkei and WedsSport wheels. Do I need documentation too?

• Yes, you have to have at least a paper/certificate that mentiones besides the dimensions, the yield strenght and the material of the wheels in detail.

So you are working for Uncle Sam, but you are not a Soldier/military Personnel,right?

"You all know me. Know how I earn a living. I'll catch this Honda for you, but it's not going to be easy... Bad car. Not like going down the pond catching bluegills and tommycocks. This S2K... swallow you whole. Shaking. Tenderizing. Down you go."

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von steve hislop ()

• Zitat

Original von Dark_Arrow
    Hey there
    Just wanted to inform you that the subscription thread for this year's "Pässetour" is now open for registration. Limit is set for 30 cars maximum, we're already at 10.

Cheers,
    Martin

Edit: heres the link: Pässetour 2011: Anmeldungs-Thread

Hey Martin, thanks for the invitation. June is a bit to far ahead to make a commitment, but I am seriously interested. How late will I be able to register?

• Zitat

Original von NSXEatr
    Hey Martin, thanks for the invitation. June is a bit to far ahead to make a commitment, but I am seriously interested. How late will I be able to register?

NSX: there is a limited participation of 30 cars... first come first save ;) come with us and you will enjoy it ;)

• Zitat

Original von NSXEatr
    Can anyone tell me where I can find a German-spec Rio Yellow Pearl (Y65P) AP2 rear bumper?

I guess at the dealer cause AP2 spec rear bumpers I havent seen yet for sale