Bewegen nach Deutschland

• Entschuldigen Sie mein Deutsch, ich kenne viel Deutsch nicht, damit ich einen Internetübersetzer benutze.

Hallo jeder. Ich habe Verwandte hier in Deutschland, das ungefähr 50km Süden von Frankfurt lebt. Ich werde mit ihnen für ein Jahr, nur leben, Deutsch und zu lernen, geht vielleicht hier einschulen. Ich habe ein paar Fragen:

Muss ich das Auto registrieren oder kann ich meine Vereinigten Staaten Platten behalten? USDM s2k Stoßstangen sind nicht groß genug, dem europäischen plates. zu passen,.

Muss ich eine deutschen Fahrer genehmigen erhalten?

Wissen Sie von irgendeinen guten Firmen, mein s2k von Amerika zu Germay zu transportieren?

Wie kann ich ein Arbeitvisum erhalten oder Arbeitserlaubnis oder werde ich Ein nicht brauchen, für hier nur 1 jährig zu sein?

Vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit, und wenn Sie irgendeine mehr Vorschläge bitte haben, lassen mich wissen.

• Hi,
    as far as I know (from a Spanish colleague) you officially have to change the registration if the car stays longer than six month in Germany. But I have not idea whether this is special to car form other EU countries. If you change to a German registration you have to have TÜV (technical clearance), this might be tricky with an US car and can cost some money. Additionally you have to have German insurance wich is not really a bargain.

• Oh thank god i can speak english. What would i have to convert to the technical specs? The rear fog light would basically be it i think because our cars can already read out km/h if i hit the button. How much is insurance here? My relatives said i could probably register it under them, and they are at 85% so i guess that is a discount.

• i think the signals are constantly lit in the states and its opposite arround in germany...you have to reverse that,so that they are off all the time and only flash when you hit the lever...an electrical thing.

assurance...can be expensive-especially with 85% :roll:
    you have to take the full coverage and that makes it not really cheap.
    as an example:i have 45% and i pay 1600€ for the whole year...i am sure there might be a cheaper assurance-you should research a little here.

BUT!!!you are bringing the car where it needs to be...germany :lol: :nod:
    no speedlimit and the best roads in the world :nod:

regarding the working permition:you should ask your embassy when you whant to deal with this ahead of your stay here,but you can get a working permition here in germany after you arrived-it need approximatly 3 months.

Dateien

"You all know me. Know how I earn a living. I'll catch this Honda for you, but it's not going to be easy... Bad car. Not like going down the pond catching bluegills and tommycocks. This S2K... swallow you whole. Shaking. Tenderizing. Down you go."

• Hi,
    i think the cheapest and best way is, to let the car there- for a halfe or one year it`s not really interresanting. With the saved money you can rent a cuple time ( airports ect) different nice cars to test the german highways ;)
    And with the visuum i didn`t really know this- I think for school or visit, is a half year without great problems, but perhaps another guy from our club know more :thumbup:
    Greetings from near Cologne, and have a nice time here in old germany
    Volker
    al. Wenzel1a

• The other way to do it would be to just bring it over and drive it. With foreign plates, chances are no one cares as long as the car looks remotely street legal and isn't too loud.

If you keep it in a garage, even the local cops won't notice how long the car has been in Germany.

And after 6 months, you can do a one day trip to the Netherlands and back, and the car won't have been in Germany for longer than half a year at once...

HTH,
    Marin

• If you can have it insured from the states for that year, there's legaly nothing against using it with the US-plates. Then you also have only to comply with US laws... Just ask your insurance, how long a car can be outside US but insured by a US insurance. But don't make them too suspicious ;) Or maybe you register it on a friend who still lives in the US...

In general, if you declare the car as "migration good", wouldn't that ease the process of registration in Germany? At least in Switzerland that's the case for own goods (cars) moved for own use...

Cheers
    Felix

• Zitat

Original von currahee474
    Oh thank god i can speak english. What would i have to convert to the technical specs? The rear fog light would basically be it i think because our cars can already read out km/h if i hit the button. How much is insurance here? My relatives said i could probably register it under them, and they are at 85% so i guess that is a discount.

US vs Europe specs:
    -Km/h vs Miles/h (no probs, as mentionned)
    -Rear fog light (US has none)
    -Front Position light (US is orange, EU is white, electrical switch was mentionned)
    -Light washing (US has none)
    -"Leuchtweitenregulierung" (US has none, afaik)
    -2.2 vs. 2.0 l engine :D
    -other stuff i missed... ?

• Thank you to everyone for your help I really appreciate it. I will look into everything you guys suggested.

Does anybody know of any good companies to ship the car over from California?
    Also in reference to the visa, can anybody shed some light on that?

Vielen Dank!

p.s. ap1 ftw:D

• Hi currahee,

first, you should contact your AAA club nearby your hometown and ask them to provide you with all infos for your stay in Germany. They are very well skilled.

I recommend the company AAA Able Shipping for shipping transport. I used them for shipping my Mercury from USA to Germany a few years ago but I think they are still in business. You will save a lot of bucks when you bring your car to TX or FL, because you don't have to pay extra fees for shipping through panama. The AAA Agent can provide you with a local pickup service from CA to FL.

Bring your registration card and title. You need also an extra insurance for Europe -this can be handled by your AAA club (they have a coorporation with the German ADAC).

You must pick up your car in Bremerhaven (northern Germany harbour), and all customs and so on will be handled there.

Have a nice stay in old europe ;-)

Bernd

• Contact Mcheizer on this forum, he shipped his car from Long Beach to Europe last year for around 1200 USD if I remember correctly.

We went together to the office but I dont have the contact details!

• Thank you everybody for all your help! I got a job at Intier Automotive Seating Systems GmbH (they do prototype testing and designing of seats for Porsche and many other cars). I am so excited.

Anyways I will be moving here the beginning of September and I cant wait. Thanks again for all your support.