2 Tage Probegefahren

• Aaalso...zu dem Thema faelly mir viel ein!

Zuerst mal...wenn ich die Moeglich keit gehabt haett mit 17 haett ich's auch getan...ist ja klar...also nix gegen Dich EVOII nur zu! Und wenn Di rjemand einen Murcielago anbietet fahr das TEil ...eben immer mit dem noetigen Respekt.

Aus deinem Text ist eigentlicvh auch ruas zulesen,d ass Du es zu schaetzen weisst und das GEfuehl teilst das die meisten von uns haben wenn wir unseren S bewegen.

Ich hab auch nix gegen Leute die wie in den Staaten oefters ueblich mit 16 oder mit 18 ein schnelles Auto oder so vom Daddy bekommen! Ich mein...ich haetts auch genommen wenn ich im Fall gewesen waere.Wenn die Eltern meinen Ihr Sohn (oder Tochter) waere faehig damit umzugehen und es zu wuerdigen (oder Sie haetten es durch irgendeinen Umstand verdient)...deren Entscheidung oder?! Es ist ebn nur oft so, dass di emeisten meinen Sie wuerden das Auto beherrschen dabei koenbnen Sie noch ncioht mal ordentlich einparken und gefaerden in Ihrem jugendlichen Leichtsinn andere Leute!
    (Ja...ich hab's auch getan! Confused Wer nicht?! Jeder hat ne Story wo'ds mal haarwscharf war)

Nur gibt es einige Leute die es ueberhaupt zu wuerdigen wissen wenn Sie so ein Auto..sei es ein S2000 ein Mustang V8 Porsche oder was weiss ich vom Daddy in die Hand gedrueckt bekommen.

Ich hab mir mal den Spass erlaubt und einige junge (16-20) Jaehrige im s2ki Forum angesprochen um zu wissen wie Sie an Ihren S gekommen sind...das Ergebniss war ueberraschen...einige arbeiten schon laenger nebenbei und zahlen so den Wagen ab...andere haben Karriere gemacht mit Internetfirmen oder so und haben daher GEld wieder andere haben den Wagen zwar vom Daddy bekommen aber muessen den spaeter abzahlen weil deren Eltern meinen SIe sollen jetzt Ihr Leben geniuessen (so nach dem Motto mann ist nur einmal jung und mit dem wagen kriegst Du mehr college girls rum!) andere versuchen DSir irgendeine Geschichte aufzutischen...naja...
    Einige der Antworten will ich Euch daher nicht vorenthalten!

• Whitelightning wrote on 09-16-02 01:33AM:
    I payed $5k and dad payed the rest. but my S2k is gone now.. totaled... I have a Range Rover now.

stocky wrote on 09-20-02 02:08PM:
    So basically your dad buys you a nice car...you crash it and then you get a new one?!

Re: S2000
    Basically. It's not like I crashed it on purpose.

White with Red Interior
    V12 amp, Cd changer, Infiniti Kappas.

• Re: S2000
    First of all sir I am twenty, and I do take offense to that question.

Honestly it is none of your business, but I paid for it all MYSELF. I have owned three different businesses since I was 15, and saved enough money to pay for my car in cash.

If you want to just chat and you are just curious, then don't ask me if it was funded by daddy, because chances are you aren't going to get a positive response.

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 05:01AM:
    Just out of curiosity...how can one 19 year old afford and S2000?!

Sponsored by daddy?!

Don't want to offend...jus tto know!

Best Greetings,

Yves

ok well heres the story ( even though i should not have to explain my self to anyone.) my first car was a 94' 6 speed TT supra i got for 25k i had 7k saved up from years back and i worked with my uncles for a few years WITHOUT pay i was just helping him out when he needed so whenit came time for my car he gave me 5k and my parents gave me 13k. then i sold my 1st supra for 30k made 5k. bought another supra for 23k sold it for 30k (do the math) then bought the S ( worse 34k i ever spent) and know selling my S.

by the way im just wondering where your from because if you think a 18 year old kid having a S2000 is a big deal then you sghould take a ride over to my area 3 17 year old kids have BRAND NEW M3's not to mention C5's Benz and everytohter kid have a lexus or BMW.

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 06:06AM:
    Just out of curiosity...how can one 18 year old afford and S2000?!

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

White 94' TT SUPRA

Baltic Blue 94' TT SUPRA - SOLD

Red 94' TT SUPRA - SOLD

02 Silver on Black- SOLD

inposttable:
    ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 04:03AM:
    Just out of curiosity...how can one 20 year old afford and S2000?!

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

Nope, not sponsored by daddy (although I wouldn't mind if I was). I just saved up enough money for a sizeable down payment and then work hard to make my monthly payments. I figured if I was in the position where I could afford one than why not take advantage of it. It was expensive but worth every penny.

Matt

knew computers in & out since i was about 13. T/Aed during summers until 15 when i got a job with the networking experience i learned while T/Aing. at 16 i bought myself a new Prelude. when i left for college, i handed down the Prelude to my little brother and bought myself a 92 Civic hatch. while I was going to school I fixed up the Civic. just this june I sold it for $8900 and put down a $15k down on an S2K. Now I'm paying it off with my job at the EECS dept here at Cal.

Now you know.

R.

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 03:00AM:

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

hey i'm not offended at all. my parents put a strict emphasis on education throughout my life. they made a deal with me during my junior year that if i got over a 1500 on my sats that they would consider buying me a car of my choice. i got a 1530 on my sats. the clincher that got me the s2000 was the fact that i got into the stern school of business at nyu with a scholarship of $8000 a year. so for 4 years i get $32000. i was also a national merit scholarship finalist and i am getting $1000 a year in scholarship for that. finally i worked the past 2 summers and a bit of senior year so i had some funds to help make some of the payments and buy some mods. my parents thought i was very responsible and that i should be rewarded. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

-steve

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 06:05AM:

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

2002 spa yellow/black S2000
    mods: team voodoo ti shift knob, jdm side markers, coastal metals black powdercoated front and side grills, passport 8500, rick's yellow on black badges, rick's yellow on black wheel badges, denso iridium spark plugs, comptech cold air intake, digrappa x brace, comptech upper strut bar, spoon reservoir covers, spoon radiator cap, spoon carbon fiber spark plug cover, fumoto drain valve, spoon thermostat and thermoswitch, vafc, spoon oil cap, a-pillar gauge pod, modifry shift warning module, gauge color kit, rick's steering wheel badge, rick's clear diffusers
    mods on the way: troutman brake lines, custom spoiler
    future mods: defi bf link gauges, amuse front lip, airwalker side skirts, amuse style carbon fiber hood, toda flywheel, comptech header, supersprint exhaust, kg/mm dr21 race springs, wilwood brake kit, porterfield r4s brake pads, cusco oil catch tank

LOL! I get that a lot, believe me, I've learned not to get offended. I guess people don't equate 19 years old and $30,000+ cars together, I can see why. But to answer your question, no, daddy doesn't sponsor me. The only thing my father helped me with is financing the car - it's under his name. I'm currently working part-time at the university I'm attending, which gives me just enough to make the monthly payments for the car. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 10:54AM:

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

'00 Honda S2000 #4556 - Grand Prix White

I am 16 turning 17 in October. I have been saving up for 4 years now, no i didnt buy the car my parents did, and i hate it how some peolpe think i am spoiled or that i dont deserve this car.

i do deserve this car. My parents made an agreement that if i go through high school with straight A's and get into university and keep up my marks then i get the car (and obviously there are other guidelines that go along with this agreement).

basically if i dont anything they dont like it's gone, but dont get me wrong, i worked hard to save up as much money as i could, and still am paying them back, also i pay for my own insurance.

You probably werent trying to offend me, but it always hurts when people have stereo types against me, and other younger kids that actually worked for the car.

If i didnt get the car now then i would buy it on my own when i am older, so whats the difference? atleast now i can enjoy it while i am young...!

a good paying full time job is a start

inposttable:
    ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 05:56AM:

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

01 Red/Black

Audio: Kenwood KDC-MP8017, Memphis 6.5's,Boston CX3's, US Acoustics USX-600D Amp, JL Audio 10W0
    Interior: Rick's Shift Boot Black/Red Stitching, Pearl Voodoo Knob, Rick's Console Cover
    Exterior: Red Calipers, JDM Sidemarkers
    Engine: Red AEM CAI
    Suspension: Porterfield R4S Brake Pads

• inposttable:

stocky wrote on 09-15-02 10:58AM:

Sponsored by daddy?!

Best Greetings,

Yves

A 36 month lease bought from a dealership in IL and shipped to me in oregon with 5000 down equals 306.27/mo. then at the end of the lease I will owe 20000 and will be able to sell for hopewill 27 or 28 and then I will have turned my 5000 down payment into 7000 or 8000. I have done this with my last two cars and made money on both of them which is how I got my down payment for the s2. Some people dont understand leases, but for me im a 19 year old driving a 32000 car which i know I will make money on in the end. Thanks for asking though.
    ~gavin
    Polk momo MM6
    H & R Springs
    Aem Cold Air

• Hi Stocky,

frag gavin doch mal nach nem Soundfile von der Tanabe Anlage.
    Würd mich merh interessieren als die Frage wer sie bezahlt hat Very Happy
    Ansonsten Respekt für die Umfrage. Auch wenn ich nicht glaube, daß es jemand zugeben würde von Daddy gesponsert zu sein. Am Ende tragen doch bei jedem die Eltern etwas mit bei und sei es nur durch die Finanzierung einer guten Ausbildung o.ä.

Ansonsten bin ich völlig frei vom Vorwurf "Sponsert by Daddy" da mein Daddy gestorben ist, bevor ich ein Auto fahren durfte.

hubbs der "Halbweise"

• hi ich selber bin gelernter automechaniker (später motorräder)
    und wenn ich mich recht erinnere habe ich kein auto ausgelassen ordentlich probe zu fahren Cool
    egal ob deine storry war oder unwar ist !!!!
    die worte die du für den S2000 gewählt hast Surprised
    besser hätte ich das gefühl einen S2000 zu fahren nicht beschreiben können Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
    es ist halt nur ge......
    gruß olli

• michi_k schrieb am Don, 02 Januar 2003 14:26

hat er bestimmt Laughing

ist zu dir unterwegs... Wink

hallo michi Cool

sag mal schläfst du auf dieser seite SmileSmileSmile
    deine flut an beiträgen ist einfach nur beeindruckend Cool
    baust du deine S2000 eigentlich alleine zusammen Very Happy
    gruß olli

• AlexJaus schrieb am Die, 26 November 2002 19:34

mhh binn bissl zu spät gekommen um meinen senf dazuzugeben, da schon alles gesagt worden ist..

also in stichworten:

- guter erfahrungsbericht
    - öschis sind glückskinder da sie schon mit 17 fahren dürfen
    - hatt ich mit schon fast gedacht, dass es eine probefahrt war...
    - bleib weiter im forum -> wie du gesehen hast ist die mehrheit hier "fair und korrekt"
    - freu dich auf deine nächste fahrt... ich kam noch nie in den genuss selber zu fahren sondern nur im präsidäntenauto mitzufahren... Smile aber auch das hat spass gemacht...
    - einer der wenigen autos die betimmt genauso viel spass machen sind minis mit 160 ps (honda motor) und allradanrieb (muss ich hier mal sagen, hehe) Smile

mfg

honda ist ja auch nur genial Cool
    egal ob 2 oder 4 räder ne..............

• Hai
    @ stocky:
    Da hast Du ja ein paar Finanzierungsmöglichkeiten zusammengekriegt Wink Aber wie hubbs schon bemerkt hat, das Risiko liegt halt doch "by daddy" Crying or Very Sad
    Bei uns gabs mit 18 am Wochenende den "Röno Qwattro" Very Happy bis wir die eigene Gurke Cool zusammengebastelt hatten mit 4x12Watt und das wars.

Finde es trotzdem cool Cool wie es einige Eltern handeln, um Ihren Sprösslingen ein entsprechendes Einstiegsfahrzeug zu ermöglichen.
    Das nächste Auto wird dann wohl ne C6 Corvette sein, dann ne 8,5 Liter Viper, dann nen Porsche Carrera GT, dann nen Ferrari Enzo und mit 40 das eigene Space Shuttle.
    Ja, solche Eltern hätte ich mir auch gewünscht... NodProudThumbs Up

Gruss sharky

• Mein Gott, nur weil euer Papi euch keine zweitägige Probefahrt geschenkt hat, braucht ihr euch soch nicht gleich so aufzuregen! Hättet ihr es damls abgelehnt, ein solches Geschenk? Mit Sicherheit nicht, und ich bin auch der Meinung, dass man, wenn man eine solche Fahrt geschenkt bekommt, man auch eindeutig eingetrichtert bekommt, was für ein Vertrauen man ihm entgegen bringt, so dass er sich auch dementsprechend verhalten wird!
    Ich glaube der Neid macht auch vor diesem Forum kein Halt!

Nun denn, nicht jeder lässt sich von solchen Geschenken beeindrucken, dass er überheblich und arrogant wird, und jedes Jahr mehr PS braucht. Wenn dies bei euch der Fall ist, dann fasst euch lieber an die eigene Nase!

MfG Ragnar